Whilst Zoom is a fantastic tool for everyday communication between colleagues, friends, and customers, when doing professional virtual events you may find it lacks the basic event management functionality for handling content, ticketing, engagements, networking and reports.
In this step by step article we will walk you through how you can use your existing Zoom account with Onlive and broadcast over a protocol called RTMP.
So, login to your Onlive account, navigate to your event and let’s get started!
First, find the RTMP settings in your Onlive streaming room which can be done in three simple steps.
1. Start by visiting “Stream Settings”
2. Disconnect Onlive’s web studio by changing to “Own RTMP Studio”
3. Copy the RTMP address and RTMP Key.
Note: RTMP credentials updates every 12h.
Now you have the information you need it’s time to link Onlive to Zoom via RTMP (with another three simple steps!)…
If you are on a Zoom Pro, Business, Education or enterprise account and have the webinar add-on you can easily integrate with Onlive by following the below steps…
Start the meeting/webinar as the host, by doing one of the following:
- From your calendar – If you have added the meeting/webinar to your calendar, click the link displayed on your calendar reminder.
- From the Zoom website – Sign into Zoom, find the meeting or webinar in the Meetings or Webinars page, and click Start.
Click the More button in the host controls.
Choose Live on Custom Live Stream Service.
If the organizer configured this webinar for live custom streaming, a browser window opens that shows the progress as Zoom prepares the live stream of your webinar.
If the organizer did not set up this webinar for live custom streaming, you must enter the values provided in the instructions.
In this box you will enter the following:
- RTMP URL and KEY: Fetch this from the Onlive studio following our help article here
- Live Streaming Page – the virtual event app URL (e.g. https://yourevent.onlive.events/app/)
Looking for more ways to share your event? Take a look at our article on simulcasting your event here!
More questions? Get in touch!
If needed – For more information on how to setup Zoom please visit their help centre directly.